Desert Sessions | Vol. 9 & 10 | 2003
1. Dead In Love
2. I Wanna Make It Wit Chu
3. Covered In Punk’s Blood
4. There Will Never Be A Better Time
5. Crawl Home
6. I’m Here For Your Daughter
7. Powered Wig Machine
8. In My Head…Or Something
9. Holey Dime
10. A Girl Like Me
12. Subcutaneous Phat
13. Bring It Back Gentle
monster mashing questions
- ghost: what would you like on your tombstone?
- dracula: are you afraid of aging? or death?
- nosferatu: what, as a child, did you imagine went bump in the night?
- creature from the black lagoon: what's your favorite place to go for a break? (eg vacation spot or comforting place, book, etc)
- godzilla: what do you do when you are angry? are you ever destructive?
- frankenstein's monster: when you fall apart, what pulls you back together?
- the blob: do you collect anything? if so, what & why?
- zombie: when was the last time you trusted your gut? was it successful?
- mothra: what is something dangerous that attracts or fascinates you?
- king kong: what are some questionable choices you've made lately?
- alien: what is your strangest feature?
- 50 ft woman: what is your most prominent strength?
- witch: if you could magically change anything about yourself right now, what would it be and why?
- cthulhu: do you like the ocean? why or why not?
- nessie: have you ever felt invisible to people -- the feeling of not existing?
- mutant spider: what is one of your biggest fears?
- werewolf: if you could change into any nonhuman animal and back at will, what animal would you change into and why?
- freddy kreuger: what is one of your worst nightmares?
- jason voorhees: do you feel you are laughed at often? do you laugh at other people? if so, in what situations?
- golem: if you could make up an imaginary friend, what would they be like and why?
- leprechaun: what is your "pot of gold" (or white whale, if you'd rather)
- sharktopus: what is something you've done that was ridiculous or a bad decision?
- mummy: would you like to ever have children? why or why not?
- robot: what is a habit you do without thinking?
When does real love begin? At first it was a fire, eclipses, short circuits, lightning and fireworks; the incense, hammocks, drugs, wines, perfumes; then spasm and honey, fever, fatigue, warmth, currents of liquid fire, feast and orgies; then dreams, visions, candlelight, flowers, pictures; then images out of the past, fairy tales, stories, then pages out of a book, a poem; then laughter, then chastity. At what moment does the knife wound sink so deep that the flesh begins to weep with love? At first power, power, then the wound, and love, and love and fears, and the loss of the self, and the gift, and slavery. At first I ruled, loved less; then more, then slavery. Slavery to his image, his odor, the craving, the hunger, the thirst, the obsession.